We'll have TWO Baby V's soon...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

39 weeks

39 weeks pregnant
Fetal development in pregnancy week 39: Whether you give birth tomorrow or next week, it's pretty much all the same for your baby, who is now truly R-E-A-D-Y to face the big bright world outside of your womb. Speaking of wombs, your body is priming up for the big moment and hopefully, you're as prepared mentally as you can be. Your baby is well stocked up on fat, all their organs have put on the finishing touches. Here's hoping your child is already in the birthing position and basically just "hanging out" waiting for that elusive moment when all sysytems synchronize in your body to trigger the labor process.


How far along? 39 weeks
Due Date: August 13, 2010

Total weight gain/loss: +17. Ugh. Oh well. I've been forgetting to drink much water since I've been home and Klondike bars are not good substituted for yogurt :) I ate healthier while I was working. :P I've been off all this week and am now retaining water so my normal rings don't fit - poof! I've been walking a lot though so no fair!
Maternity clothes? Yea.
Sleep: Less comfortable than it has been. I almost sleep through the night but shifting positions is the worst! and sometimes my hips hurt so bad... especially when I try to get out of bed.
Best moment this week: I've been relaxing a lot! Last Friday was my last day at work until late October so I've been chillin' ... baking ... and trying to be productive!
Movement: Yes. Way more than I expected. I feel like she's still trying to stretch out my belly!
Food cravings: Heath Klondike bars :)
Food aversions: I haven't noticed anything lately... but I have to avoid peanuts and peanut butter because they comes back later :P indigestion, heartburn... whatever you call it, it is uncomfortable!

Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: Ow, yes. Back labor I think. I've had a few days where contractions would start getting regular and closer together... and then nothing. She is NOT in a hurry to come out.
Belly Button in or out? Out... well, the middle is still in. I can feel it through my shirt.
What I miss: Subway!!! (Cold Subway!) But I've been good this long, I'm going to wait out these last few weeks and then eat a celebration sub!
What I am looking forward to: Having a baby to cuddle with.
Milestones: 7 days left!! I just really hope she's not late!

2 comments:

  1. It's nearly time! The wait is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to get out of bed is so hard, isn't it? lol. AND I've been eating unhealthy too. I'm at home all day, and it's easy to get the munchies :-/ ALMOST THERE!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete