We'll have TWO Baby V's soon...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Wow - 1 week 2 days old!

Okay - so, I'm working on my "Birth Story" post... but that seems to be slow-going! :) My mom has most of the details of the day..... and it really was ALL day. :P 25 hours from water breaking to baby out with the last 4 hours of that spent pushing!

I thought I'd let you know other things while we wait :)

- You know how I only gained 16lbs? Well... apparently even though I was gaining pregnancy weight, I was losing in the rest of my body. :) My total weight gain/loss right now is 12lbs!!! So, there's the 28lbs I was 'supposed' to have gained during pregnancy :) I feel so healthy! If it wasn't for my hips still being spread out I would be able to get back into my old jeans and I'm thinking they wouldn't be so tight anymore.

- Her kidney? The 'possible second collection system' is gone. Just gone. No more appointments, no follow-ups, no surgery... gone. YAY! It is a miracle, that's all there is to it.

- Her poor little belly button... I thought the umbilical cord had fallen off... part of it did. There is a little more and it is in her belly button and it bleeds old blood :( (I have another appt next Thursday for her two-week and I'll mention it then) We have to wipe it clean just so the scabby is out of the way so the cord can dry out.

- She's perfect. :) Yes, that is important to know. :) Okay - some of this will be in my Birth Story post but I think it is fun to mention it all at once: Her barely-a-cone head was already gone a few hours after birth, her Apgar scores were 8&9 (no babies get a 10 - they'd have to be perfectly pink), she passed her hearing test, the pediatrician at the hospital was impressed with her neck strength and gave her an A+ on her exam (yes, she said A+), part on her umbilical cord fell off already, her kidney thing disappeared, she seems to be slightly more awake during the day with big chunks of sleep at night... hm, what else... oh, she's beautiful with lots of hair, she spends some time awake and alert everyday and she's just perfect :) Need I say more?

1 comment: